[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cute little boy and his mom WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cute little boy and his mom WIP

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Cute little boy and his mom WIP

Heya, I just started to do digital drawing, and I am still trying to figure things out how to do it but liking it so far in fact. I am just not too sure on how to blend things properly, I am using smudge tools and everything, but not always getting the desired results, you guys have any tips? Also any other comments on how to improve are more than welcome!

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:25 am

Re: Cute little boy and his mom WIP

Have you tried the healing brush tool? It can help create fairly smooth transitions when blending, if you're using adobe photoshop.
Attachments
Picture 6.jpg
Picture 6.jpg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes I am using Photoshop and I just tried it and it is quite good, not in all cases but quite good anyways, thanks!
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Take a look to Stephanie Di Valentin you tube's channel and her tutorials,she help me a lot :D
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Been working on it quite a while now and quite happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for the healing brush tip as well, it works quite well, in some cases.

However, I am not realy sure how to do the eyebrows properly, they either get too hard, looking unrealistic, or if I blur them up it gets too blurry. I am not really sure how to find a middle ground. As well as skin texture so to say on her skin, it is far more textured on the picture. I worked on it for really quite a while at least getting large shading irregularities on the skin, but if anyone coulg give me a tip on how to draw small falts and pickles and stuff that'd be nice.

Other than that I still need to do the shirt and the towel so I will still have to work on it a few hours...

<<

MadisE

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Wow - It's coming along very nicely. I haven't done any Digital painting so no advice from me on that side :)
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 pm

What the heck are falts, and pickles? Are you talking about pores?
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brian.May

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 am

bah to the healing brush!!
I say 4px brush, 1200% magnification, smudge tool on 45% opacity and you work for your smooth gradients!!!
I didn't get along to well with the healing tool if you haven't guessed.
I've since made better friends with it.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 am

<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Yep, creases and pimples or spots.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:38 pm

For creases and blemishes you can add those to another layer. That way you can soften, sharpen, lighten or darker them if you want.
Your drawing is looking great.
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 am

Did you look at the tutorial of stephanie valentin,there's a tutorial of how to make the eyebrown,or
just in a new layer put some points with a semi-hard 3 or 4 pixel's brush,then in the same layer
with the smugde tool work it, :D
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 am

I did take a look at some of stephanie valentin's videos however not at the one for eyebrows, I will have a look, the ones I watched were quite helpful though. She is really good, a lot better than I am. Thank you.

I didn't really have time nor did I feel like working on this more but I will try to do some today.
Next

Return to Digital Art