[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - The Aurochs (finished)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Aurochs (finished)

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 27, 2010 12:46 am

Re: The Auroch (finished)

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

vashta

Pro
Pro

Post Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 am

omg i saw this on you're site i didn't even notise it was digital and i downloadet it right away ! this (digital) drawing is a-ma-zing !!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

vashta

Pro
Pro

Post Thu May 27, 2010 6:18 pm

no i don't have a devian art page i saw a link some were don't remember were
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

Everything is great.... till the point when the background is painted. The rendering of this animal is outstanding, but I just do not agree with the background. Maybe the upper part is all right but the lower part, the ground is toooooo light, just does not go with the hard contrast of the Auroch. That light floor, makes an immediate hard feeling that the four legged is just pasted there, or it reminds me of the scenery when a character is rendered in some 3D software and it stands in that gray lifeless background, ready for exporting. I would go for a darker ground with some texture on it of course. I hope I get it right, that the image is finished? If the background is a work in progress, then I am pulling back the crits. Either way, great coloring, rendering and the most important, an awesome idea.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Actually I purposely made the background look like a backdrop, and not realistic. It was more of a design decision. When I had him in the forest I had to reduce him down, and add some mist over him.
I didn't like the composition, so I made it unrealistic, and I liked the way it worked out.
I changed a few things on the auroch since my last post.
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 am

Re: The Aurochs (finished)

Nice 2d render,man :D =D>
Previous

Return to Digital Art