[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - The Aurochs (finished)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Aurochs (finished)

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

The Aurochs (finished)

This is a work in progress.
Attachments
auroch_wip.jpg
auroch_wip.jpg (203.36 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Ecthelion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: The Auroch

Inspired by aurochs in A Song of Ice and Fire, by chance?

Good start. :D I like his expression.
Ecthelion, a.k.a.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 am

Actually it was inspired from news stories I found on the internet like this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildli ... ction.html
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Ecthelion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Re-breeding giant cows...that's a little scary. Interesting times. :D
Ecthelion, a.k.a.
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:47 am

at this stage look likes a 3D for me :D
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Beautiful blending and rendering.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks, Aphos and Plisk!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: The Auroch wip 2

Progressed a little further on the auroch
Attachments
auroch drawing2 copy.jpg
auroch drawing2 copy.jpg (184.93 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
<<

Brendan

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:00 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 15, 2010 11:08 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sun May 16, 2010 12:30 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 22, 2010 12:21 am

The Auroch
Attachments
the_auroch2.jpg
the_auroch2.jpg (329.86 KiB) Viewed 7813 times
<<

Brendan

Post Sat May 22, 2010 12:41 am

Re: The Auroch (finished)

I like the forest choice ... are you using a ref for that ?

Also, I wonder if his nose should have some pink areas ? ( like his ears )
Just a passing thought .. it looks authentic they way it is. :D
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 am

I'm afraid pink would make it look more like a domestic bull. I'm also wondering if the pink ears may be a bit distracting, but at the moment I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
I did use reference for the forest. I was originally going to have the auroch standing in the forest, but decided the forest would compete for the viewers attention, so I made it more of a design element.

Here's what I did on the forest. I just started to add detail to the left side of it. I might still finish it, without adding the auroch.
Attachments
forest.jpg
forest.jpg (180.95 KiB) Viewed 7809 times
<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 pm

This is awesome. Very well executed. The hide (is that what you call it?) looks amazing, and the lighting really makes the piece. I like the idea of doing a separate drawing for the forest...can't wait to see that if you finish it.
Shawn King does digital art stuff. Yo.
Next

Return to Digital Art