[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - adriana...scroll down for updates
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

adriana...scroll down for updates

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 pm

adriana...scroll down for updates

worked like 4 hours on this so far...its adriana lima, borderline the most overdrawn human being on the face of the planet...whatever. i'm doing this mainly for the timelapse video im making while drawing it..

UPDATE:

UPDATE 2:

Last edited by Shawn692 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn King does digital art stuff. Yo.
<<

Robert L

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 am

Re: adriana...scroll down for updates

This is outstanding! Keep up the good work.

I'm also trying out digital painting. So if you don't mind, I have a couple of questions about how you work.
Which programm do you use? (e.g. Photoshop, Corel Painter) And why have you chosen for that programm instead of some other available programms?
How is your approach on coloring; as I look at your second update it seems like you first block in the different values and after that you blend them, am I correct?
Which brushes do you use for coloring and blending?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Robert L,i'm Aphos you can use photoshop or corel painter,or any drawing software that
support layers,i use photoshop cs,for blend i use gaussian filter blur and the smudge tool
(you have to disable the finger paint option),you can use the blend modes for brushes and layers in photoshop too,you'll have to adjust the settings until you get confortable,the brushes i used the default's one but adjusted to my set.

in you tube there's a tutorial that help me watch out the Stephanie Valentin's channel :D
<<

Robert L

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks for your reply, Aphos. I'll try it out!
<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Yeah, I use Photoshop CS3...its just easier to use than corel but it really depends on your style. To me, its a lot easier to get smoother tones on PS.

My technique is pretty much identical to Indi's:

I'm lazy most of the time (like this one) and grid my sketch first. [Before anyone feels the need to blurt out 'wahwah thats cheating', shut up, your opinion doesn't matter to me, the textures/tones matter more to me.] Anywho, I don't use the smudge tool at all, and try to avoid using the blur tool as much as possible (but I end up doing it a lot on faces). Normally I only use one layer to paint on, but a lot of people use multiple layers and adjust the intensity of the colors, hues, etc to each particular layer, but I don't do any of that.

But like you said, I just scribble around and block base colors at a high opacity (like 50%) and then build up colors using a 25% opacity, then saturate and blend them at around 10-15% opacity to get the smooth look. I'm just starting to dabble with skin texture brushes but I normally stick with the standard brush with pressure sensitivity and 100% flow.

Once I'm finished with this sucker, I'll post a replay thats around 3000% realtime showing the whole drawing being done, so that might help you understand what I'm talking about. All in all, check out Indi's tutorial..
<<

Robert L

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks Shawn, for taking your time to explain how you work. I'll will check out Indi's tutorial and I will see which approach suits me the best. Good luck with your painting!
<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Robert, I just checked out your graphite work. Good stuff, man. Can't wait to see what you pump out digitally. There's not too many digital artists around here so it's nice seeing people gain interest.
<<

Robert L

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Return to Digital Art