[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - John Lennon
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

John Lennon

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: John Lennon

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 am

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 am

WKRP - the funniest and most under-appreciated comedy ever !!
How about the one where Herb buys a painting from Carlson's church auction. :lol:
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 am

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah .. those life lesson episodes were always irritating - I guess Married With Children and Seinfeld changed that trend !

That "art related" WKRP episode :
Trying to impress Carlson, Herb bought a painting from the boss' church auction .. then tried to get the rest of the staff to chip in some money.
Then he discovered that it might be worth something, tried to buy it back .. shelling out even more money.
It then backfired when he found out that the artist painted "A painting a day, while in prison for selling Qualudes" :lol:
<<

Firefly

Brand New Member

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 am

<<

rorystorm

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:17 pm

this is fantastic phan tom. looks to be around the time he filmed how i won the war, with the shot from the cover of rolling stone.

outstanding , truly outstanding
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:21 pm

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon May 10, 2010 2:14 am

Hello to you Tom. I gotta ask, since this image is exquisite, beautiful and totally John, how do you arrive at the layout or drawing aspect of the picture, the placement of the nose eyes and so on. Do you let the program indicate an outline, do youeyeball it, by hand, or what? I have to ask, because I cannot do so well digitally or any other way. I have already been extremely humbled by Brian's recetn oil painting of a lady's face commisson, which took him only 15 hours.
Thanks Tom- hope you have been well. Hello to the folks at this site. So far, my being here has not been challenged by any log-in problem- as it was before. I like the current format (appearance).
Dave ( formerly Crazy-David)
now " Davideo".
'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

Ventana

Post Mon May 10, 2010 7:46 am

Wow, I'm speechless... excellent liking.

BTW, I wrote all the Beatles's songs... I just don't like to brag about it.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue May 11, 2010 12:22 am

Wow! Ominous. Thanks a lot for all that work, Tom- this comparison you provided- wish I'd looked at it before I did my own attempt in Paint Shop Pro. Yours is so much better- and easier. I wouldn't know how to make the flash on and off function. I do not feel that your picture looks and feels any less like John than the photo, and I supect this is because a camera knows so much less about the man, than does the Phan-Tom! I believe more and more that we sub-consciouly affect our drawings with human insight even when we don't do so deliberately. One of my best friends is a major Lennon fan, as am I. and he wrote: " OMG that's beautiful! like an inspiration!"
This man is a gifted artist himself, but made no qualms about your John.
You know, if a graphics program had a tool that took the color of a pixel, and then placed every pixel that color in its appropriate place, as per the original image, and then the tool-user repeated the function for each and all of the different colored pixels, then a person and his program could exactly re-produce the original, "perfectly". That kind of tool surely must be a possibilty, since that's what happens when an image is copied- only all colours, and not one-at-a-time, are re-allocated to the 2nd w.i.p. That would be another form of grid application, and I fail to see how such an endeavor allows for a human response to the vision/original in front of them. So, I continue to be glad to make 'imperfect' pictures whose percentage of human-ness (I am human after all... and so is, say, John Lennon) exceeds that of a gridded recitation.
I got criticized before for speaking about this. I do not understand why. I am really glad to hear, Tom, that your work is the work of your eyes and hands and not of your ruler. It is sublime.
Dave
'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 am

<<

nibbcnoble

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:02 pm

great drawing. Love the skin texture. I'm really interested how you made it . Do you use a tablet? Do many people use tablets, not the best place to ask this, but I'm a little new to digital art and am curious.
PreviousNext

Return to Digital Art