[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Yeshua on the Tree - a crucified Jew
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yeshua on the Tree - a crucified Jew

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

horseman

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeshua on the Tree - a crucified Jew

Yeah, I know… it’s been done a million times. My turn. For the most part, in this country we tend to make Christ look like he was a man out of European culture… or sometimes African American. I like the idea of Christ looking more like a Jewish man, side locks and all. I did it that way because I have never seen him depicted on the cross in a manner that authentically indicates that he was a Jew. His hair has the hint of "ruddy" so as to suggest that he is from the line of King David – like the scriptures tell that Messiah would be.

We'll start this again .. mod
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:47 pm

I do not understand.
Should we post what we posted earlier or something else, cause I do not remember exactly my post here, neither I saved it somewhere.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

horseman

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeshua Cross: Christ crucified- quick, erase the board

Well, maybe I have them all saved. So, I could do a cut and paste thing if you want...

No, I really did not save all that. I wish I did - not for the drama, but for some of the artistic feedback that was there. How incredibly disappointing it was to see all this taken away. It's like spending a few hours doing some digital painting and forgetting to save - then your program locks up and your work IS GONE FOREVER! Hate when that happens.

I never stopped loving you, untitled. Some of your feedback was good.

Peace.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Yes, so much words lost in nothing, like you have burnt a book.

Good message on your detailed image!
A Nail in the hand.

Or maybe it would be more better; a Nail in the Head! :wink:

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:26 pm

I was looking your blog and read that you did this drawing with a pencil, and enlarged the drawing. It looks amazing.
Than you scanned I suppose, did a horizontal flip and than colored it using lots of layers. You did a really good job!
I am amazed that you did that all in PhotoPaint cause most of them are work in PhotoShop.
How did you did the background. Did you started from scratch and used some blending techniques?

<<

horseman

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Jesus Cross: pencil art painted digitally - nailed hand

You like the blood skull under the nail? I think they call such a motif a death mask, or something like that... can't remember.

EDIT:

I also drew the ground in pencil, but on another paper. I scanned that in and painted it in the corel program. Then I added to Christ and the cross.

For the sky, I used what corel paint program calls an interactive fill tool (called a gradient fill in photoshop I think). This fill results in two selected colors that blend into one another. In my case I used a cold darker brown and had it fade to a very light tan. Then I applied a texture that is ment to look like paper texture, only I blew it up real big. Then I did some touch up on it. No blending needed. Stumbled across the technique just playing around. Corel and Photoshop are very much alike, but use different words/names to talk about the same things. My probram is over 15 years old!
Last edited by horseman on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:45 pm

The blood skull under the nail. I did not noticed it until you said it. Niiiiice!

Yes, I am not unfamiliar with Corel Photo Paint, I use it also for about 10 Years now, and I know about the interactive fill tool, but I have never thought that you did this background using that tool. I salute.

A true artwork done with used just a few simple tools.
I thank you once more for your help and instructions.
Keep up with a good work, you got a true way to go.

Return to Digital Art