[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Crowe_Ben Wade
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crowe_Ben Wade

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Crowe_Ben Wade

This is Russell Crowe as the role of Ben Wade from "3:10 to Yuma".
Nothing much to say about this except that I still hate drawing hair.
Hope you like it.

Actual size details:
4200 pixels x 3300 pixels ; 14" x 11"
300 ppi ; 39.7 MB ; 10 layers including signatures
+- 10 hours

CROWE as Ben Wade

I made another version by adding special effect filters to the drawing.
Last edited by straycat on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Looks great Rob. I think I would blur the edge of the brim of the hat a little.
So where are the pastels?
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:12 am

Another nice one .. matanda !

The second "effect" drawing might work better if the image was faded or desaturated a little bit .. or even done in brown and white, like and old "Wanted Dead or Alive" poster. Just an idea. :?

Have you seen the movie ? .. He's a pencil artist on the side !!
<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:33 am

Like I said at DA - excellent, Starycat. Totally Crowe!
'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

neela

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:42 am

I don't say everything, but I paint everything.

http://neelakapoor.deviantart.com/
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:44 am

Phan-Tom
Thanks Tom...
I retouched the part right away after reading your comment.
I appreciate comments like that. ;)

As for the pastel...I dunno..am still waiting for the right moment. :oops:

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:51 am

Brendan
Thanks Bud...I may be matanda...but I'm just a few years older! :twisted:
I know what you mean about the effect...
I've thought of that...but it would take away the drawing and some people may think it's just a photo-manipulation.
Besides, I wanted to put the word "wanted" but can't find the right font.
I'll play with it some other time.
And yeah...I've seen the movie. My reference for this was captured from the PC...same with the Bruce Willis piece.

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:52 am

davideo
Thanks Dave. ;)

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:43 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:42 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:15 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Next

Return to Digital Art