[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tranquility
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tranquility

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:01 pm

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:36 am

wow! one of my threads getting all this controversy. I must admit I was a little pissed (at first) to come back from vacation to this mess...hah.

As mentioned, the only way I can prove my "credibility" is to send everyone (envolved with this thread) the raw data files.

When I originally said used the brush and eyedropper tools, it does NOT mean they're the only tools I've used. For example, I've used 3d rendering applications (Wings) to create some of the objects in the landscape. ie the rocks. I've also used photoshop plug-ins to create lighting, water and atmosphere effects.

I love to educate people on some techniques I use, but please don't expect me to tell you everything, and hold your hand through the process. I have never asked anybody here how they accomplish some of the effects achieved, as many people like to keep those techniques secret. If we were to all share our secrets with each other, wouldn't we all be making the same art!!?

Anyway, I'm tired of trying to explain myself. My friends/family and clients know the "credibility" of the work I do, and frankly that's all I care about. I post my work online to share it with other artists, and if I don't get respect, I'll simple stop posting....no lost sleep...
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Sorry Cujo, but the issue really needed to be brought up. While it would be possible to paint such an image in Photoshop, it would take an extreme effort to make it look like something created with a 3d rendering program. These programs use wire frames and skins,and are quite different
than anything found in Photoshop.
3d programs are an art form in themselves, and people who create them would probably rather be disheartened to see someone not acknowledging they have used it.
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:26 pm

This image is quite impressive 3d program, or not.
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:40 pm

EDIT: Nevermind this post, I do not want to get in the middle of something I have no business in. Sorry if I offended anybody, I should have thought about it more before posting. Sometimes I need to learn when to zip it!
Last edited by Red 9 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:55 am

Red9
You're absolutely right...art is about sharing and helping each other especially in a forum. But we, as members, are also allowed to ask questions. There are so many fakers out there that we need to know if what we're looking at is real or not.
Check this out. http://www.dueysdrawings.com/phpBB2/vie ... 57&start=0

Aside from that...Cujo stated that he did that image using Photoshop, and did not specify another programs. That's why we, as PS users, can't believe it. If he said he also used other 3D programs for that image...none of these questions would arise.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:55 am

<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 am

Red 9
I have no problem with you, Red...I am just trying to explain to you what triggered the questioning.
And I am quite sure I'm NOT one of those "clowns" you're referring to. Was it Brendan? :lol: :wink:

<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 am

Red 9
Yeah...I understand...no hard feelings.
Let's just see if Cujo will still respond to this.

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:59 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Warning- People without clothes

Well. All of this reminds me of the probelms I have using my Paint Shop Pro. I notice I gradually learn and get better, and sometimes I have flashes of mind where I see that anything is possible. I get insights as to how much time can be saved. i haven't read much about this but it seems that conventional painters have a leg up, to an extent, because so much of what they've learned with actual paint and brushes also can be applied to a graphics program. If I got significantly better, I would go through a phase where I'd wonder if I am wasting my time less with Paint Shop or with an easel? I don't need such a dilema! So I toy with Paint Shop and TRY!!!t to paint with actual physical brushes- when I 'm not busy trying to be as good as Ettienne or Armin or Brian or Brendan ( etc.) on paper!!!
Right! Duh. Where is my life?!
So I had to eliminate my attempt at doing Viking and his good wife, and last night I painted out a host of figures from this picture, to re-assert my authority as, well, " master of my domain".

All those fleshly figures in the lower center are vanished, and subject to replacement.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Warning- People without clothes

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Art