[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - PS users..share your opinions on this
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PS users..share your opinions on this

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:12 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

leeham

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:31 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:03 am

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:12 am

leeham
You're right, leeham...can't agree with you more! :wink:

Phan-tom
Tom, I went to check on his latest post and I didn't see any.
But I did see that Brian probably knows him (online). :roll:

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:43 pm

One things been bothering me, Rob. I noticed it when you posted your experiment with the eye, but I didn't say anything because your were concentrating more on the futility of what Tayler was doing, and I was going on about my belief that he didn't really do it at all. I thought I was just going to become increasingly annoying if I wrote anymore, but here it goes anyhow. Even though at first glance the eye you did look identical to the reference, they are not. (It's important to remember I'm not criticizing you for this) They are different in at least 6 places. Most noticeable in the lower part of the pupil. I think this shows how difficult it would to be to do this on an entire face without some differences. Especially the way he says he did it. And as I said previously I used "apply image" on his work and the reference and the only difference I could find was the signature. At first I didn't think apply image was working, but when I saw that the signature disappeared,
and reappeared. when I would turn the preview on and off, I knew it was working.
I guess the best thing to do would be to ask him what he has learned about pixels, and see what he has to say.
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:57 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 am

Phan_Tom
You're right Tom. I can see some differences in the eye now that you mentioned it.
Actually, I got lost many times while doing that...
and i just copy/paste several pixels at a time. :lol:
I do, however think it's still doable...
but i still don't believe him.

PS: I want to agree with what Brendan said.
Just post whatever you want to say. :wink:

Brendan
That would be interesting! :wink:
I can sense that those members criticizing him still has doubts even after his explanation.

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:22 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Haha...No, Tom..am not annoyed.
Not even if you tell me you believe him.
I actually like a long discussions on topic like this.

What you said is true...ven his signature looked terrible.
I know it's not easy to write using a mouse...
but he could have used the same technique with it.
And switching from eyedropper to pencil...that's not what a pro will do. :roll:

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:01 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Haha...look at the outlines and you'd understand why his signature looked like that! http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... oneqj7.jpg

Yes..it looked like "love" to me also.

Hmmm..makes sense! He didn't even bother to do the cropping!
What more spending 28 hours copying?
What's this guy up to?
I'm very intrigued to join the forum just to ask him questions...
want to do that, Tom? :lol:

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:54 pm

You can join the forum, Rob. I'll watch from a safe distance. There's no telling how far this guy will go
to convince people this is on the level. :lol:
He has made over 500 posts. I wonder what possessed him to do this stunt, or has he posted other bogus things? :?:
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Haha..I actually wanted you to join and I'll be the one to observe.
I don't like to get into debate when my English is not very good.

He ranked as the Master Artists...
but I don't see many drawings from him.

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:15 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 am

Does it seem odd that he was asking for a volunteer to draw a baby picture?

http://zindy.zone.dk/forum/showthread.php?t=6005
PreviousNext

Return to Digital Art