[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - PS users..share your opinions on this
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PS users..share your opinions on this

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:13 am

PS users..share your opinions on this

Hey PS users...pros and amateurs....
The artist claimed that he produced this picture/drawing http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... onebk5.jpg
by COPYING EVERY SINGLE PIXEL from the reference photo.
I think it's doable...but not with what he claimed to be just 28 hours of working.

Please read this starting from page 3 post #25 till the end...
..and let me know if you're amazed or it just left you wondering...
WHY BOTHER DOING THAT??? #-o
(Brendan, maybe you've heard of him..he's from Canada.)
http://zindy.zone.dk/forum/showthread.php?t=8838&page=3
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 pm

I don't know Rob. It's hard to believe. Especially
when you look at the way he works. He leaves these open areas that looks like someone erased it, instead of filling areas in. Wouldn't you draw the whole cheek down to the laugh line at one time, instead of leaving circular gaps. (I circled that area.) I can't say for sure, but I doubt this is on the level. 28 hours? Extremely fast for what he claims he was doing. And why was he airbrushing parts of it if he filling it in pixel by pixel.

By at 2007-08-13
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:39 pm

<<

amrit22

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 pm

cant wait :D
<<

jake12474

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:30 pm

before i read the tutorial........i recently saved this picture ( the real one)
cause i was thinking of drawing her..........thanks alot stray........i was thinking that not too many people would know who she was.....so ther wouldnt be too many drawings of her.....im seriouse i spent the whole day looking at pictures of her i saved about 10 narrowed it down to....the one that you just had to post.....greatttttt

this is the one that i think im gonna do..

By , shot with at 2007-08-13
Last edited by jake12474 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jake12474

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 pm

ok i dont know ...i do think he cheated a little bit ...is it possible that he scanned the origional and photoshopped over top of it......

did he say he used a mouse on this..that he didnt have a tablet.......thats hard to believe........

the thing that gets me is that he did like any other good artist would do.---started with the hard part first,,,,the eyes...but i just dont know....
i wanna say no i dont believe him
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:47 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:55 pm

okay...i tried using the technique the guy posted and did a very small one...
forgot to time it though and here's the result.

The left one is the ref and the right one the one i did.

Now i know it's doable, but i still don't get it.
Why would someone copy paste every single pixel when he could just copy paste the entire drawing????
Why did he spend 28 hours when he can do it in just a few seconds???#-o

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 pm

I'm still trying to understand this. I think he said that the areas that don't have as much detail, is where he is laying a his base color. So I would assume you wouldn't have to copy those areas pixel by pixel. There should be some difference there. I trimmed the reference photo
down to the exact size of what he created. Down to the pixel. Then used apply image so I could toggle between the two. There is no difference. Every pixel, every bit of noise is the exact same.

And I agree with you.even if this is legit, it doesn't help you understand a whole lot about anything.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:37 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:23 pm

He did it to the same resolution, but didn't crop it the same. Someone on the forum, who didn't believe him, pointed out that he cut off the bottom so web address on the lower right side wouldn't show. But anyways, I imagine I'm being pretty annoying, so I won't write anymore about it.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Don't be silly, Tom...
You're not annoying at all...
your inputs are quite precious to me! :wink:

<<

jake12474

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

her name is anna ferris....she played in all the scary movies.....
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Okay jake..now I know. :wink:

<<

smidge

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:49 pm

I'm not sure. So many thigns say that he's lying, but there are some things that make it believable. I won't list any because they're all mentioned in the the thread.
Regardless of whether it's real or not, I agree with you stray- why bother? To me, that portrait was just an extreme test of patience, and nothing else. I would have rather pencil drawn 3 or 4 good quality portraits in 28 hours than 1 flawless copy. You need to see the pencil/paint strokes to an extent to appreciate it.

Can I just say also that the member sinzi made some excellent points.
<----my drawings website.
Next

Return to Digital Art