[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tutorial - Sketch like Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso and E
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tutorial - Sketch like Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso and E

Moderator: duey

<<

Gossepojk

Brand New Member

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Tutorial - Sketch like Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso and E

Hello everyone!

I have recently finished a somewhat tutorial on how to attain the styles of the artists in the picture below.

here is also one of the four tutorials for you, read the rest on my blog!

I must say that of the four artists, I find Michelangelo the most boring. Do not get me wrong, he is a marvelous artist but all his paintings
and sketches are so realistic and lifelike that every picture looks just like it should. No twists, no extras, no nothing - Except splendiness!

What I have found is that Michelangelo does not cross lines (as Edward munch below) instead he uses thin parallell lines with different strength
to create this smooth surface. At the same time, he marks the outlines quite strong creating a mitchmatch between realism and sketch. At the
same time, he does not very often draw his characters hair, what I could see on google atleast. Therefore, my interpretation of his style looks as follows:

(Each of these took ca 15 min to make)

<<

Fault

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Tutorial - Sketch like Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso and E

That's a really awesome comparison!
I've always personally preferred techniques that were similar to Van Gogh. A controlled and sketchy background looks nice behind the focal point.

I'll definitely have to try some of these techniques later :D

Return to Art Tutorials