[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing from the start
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing from the start

Moderator: duey

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am

Drawing from the start

Hey, I've never really had any lessons of drawing and I started it without theory. What I want to know are some steps from the beginning that will help me understand this art. I started a few days ago with basic shapes (I found on the internet some tips and until now I didn't even have a clue about basic shapes and so on).
Then I continued with object shading, blind contour study (which I found to be very interesting and funny) and I'll go on with stick figures and negative space study..
Anyone has other advice? Some steps more important? I decided to take everything from the beginning because if I were to draw from thought an animal, for example, I wouldn't manage :oops:
please heeeelp.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 am

Re: Drawing from the start

Hi Mada,I've had no training either,so,i can only suggest looking at tutorials or take advice from here.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I learnt everything I know from Miss Marple, Phan-Tom, Big B and Mad Russ (so if my drawings suck, it's their fault).
All you need is on this forum (somewhere), "seek and ye shall find"
I would start with learning to grid, the more accurate the line drawing, the better the final piece: [post]http://dueysdrawings.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3372[/post]

<<

zac97

Pro
Pro

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 am

not much of us had formal training so your on a good forum just stick with it and youll get better
new name but same ole zach97
my da
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 am

Thank you guys for your advice. I'll still try though with these elementary things. I'll put a drawing in the drawing section, you can express your opinions on it :D
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".

Return to Art Tutorials