[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Someone teach me to draw this
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Someone teach me to draw this

Moderator: duey

<<

Catonia

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Someone teach me to draw this

I wasted a whole day trying to draw this and in the end had to give up and erase it all. #-o I'm having major difficulty with the mouth and the angle.
I also struggle with drawing at an angle in every drawing I do. How do I overcome this?

Uploaded with
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Someone teach me to draw this

Try drawing something easier,post what you're doing and we'll help you :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Grid, Draw, shade, blend...done!
Then post it on here, shade some more, blend, repost, shade some more, repost...done!

Start posting. :)

<<

Catonia

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 am

Thanks,

I think I might just choose an easier pic for now. I'll post my progress. :P
<<

Catonia

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 am

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 am

<<

Catonia

Post Sun May 01, 2011 6:09 am

Thanks. I've made a start on a portrait. I've found that it's much easier to start with the eyes and nose :mrgreen:
<<

Catonia

Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:20 am

so far...

Uploaded with

Finished product.

Uploaded with
<<

*Artist*

Brand New Member

Post Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Good, good. I like it. Although the hair sin't all this great as the face is. Good Job anyways :)

*Artist*
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Ok, the quality of the upload is not very good, but the drawing is not bad at all.
Cant really see the detail, but you have made a good attempt at shading, and the proportions dont look too far off.
The hair could do with some work, but overall a really great effort well done. =D>

Have another go, practice makes perfect, and ask if you need help on any particular parts.
Looking forward to seeing more from you. :)

<<

Catonia

Post Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks. The proportions changed a bit and the shading didn't come up well when I took the pic. I really need to find a better solution of uploading.

Do you know any good tutorials on curly/wavy hair? I also noticed the hair wasn't really realistic.

I used a different photo to work from btw.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Try to use a picture with a lot of contrast so you can see more extremes,and try to go darker :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:45 am

Here are some Hair Tutorials, if you find them useful, please thank the creators of the tuts. :)

<<

*Artist*

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm not good at drawing hair or fur either so thanks for the tut and I'm surely greatful. I need some eraser-pencil because the one i use is too thick to draw hair with it..

*Artist*
<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
Next

Return to Art Tutorials