i want to learn how to draw..

and learn the easiest way to draw..^_^
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Best ways to learn how to draw?

I did both is well,,draw from imagination,,it is fun coz u got no limits,,u draw whetever u want or imagine and do it however u feel its right,,there are no rules or proportions laws how things has to be (see paintings from dali).
but drawing from reference makes u feel really good coz the fact u have done something extraordinary what not too many ppl can do, which is impresive.
However,,my advice for somebody who is just about to start drawing is that draw what u see,,so this way u learn and memorising the world around you,,which then can be only a benefit if you try to imagine something u wanna draw or paint where there is no reference
hope it helped
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

Rayray

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 pm

When I started drawing faces I practiced drawing the feature separately like the eyes, noses etc then I moved on to shading, then proportion and finally put it all together. My first attempt was really bad but over time I'd like to think I've gotten better. :)
Also if you draw on a sketchpad, keep all your drawings so you can see how much you've improved, it's great to keep you motivated. :)
<<

ashdrawsthings

Brand New Member

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 am

I was mostly self taught. But later, when I added academic drawing to my knowledge base.. things really started to get good.

Books are great. I'm writing one myself about my methods. having said that; It's good to also see someone else working.... which is why I'm also shooting a video of my process.

We have a Kickstarter drawing course going till March 21st 2013 if you're interested:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ashdrawsthings/draw-like-a-boss/dashboard

Also, Imaginative drawing is great and can have fantastic results but if they are drawn without even a slight reference to an experience in the world such as a photo, they can be a bit wobbly. Reference promotes intellect and accuracy.. No reference promotes emotional, flowing lines. You need both I find.

ash
<<

lora_ine

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:12 am

Ok, how do you think - which is the best way - books, online, workshops, school, practice?
http://chamberart.net
Previous

Return to Art Tutorials