[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - HOW TO GRID (Look here first before asking)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOW TO GRID (Look here first before asking)

Moderator: duey

<<

pugmommie

Brand New Member

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:06 am

Thanks for all the great info! Love the grid website.
<<

Varveklis6

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: HOW TO GRID (Look here first before asking)

thank you for griding guide :D
<<

freedomfighter

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:48 pm

I use a similar method. If you go to my website (still under construction) and look at the one tutorial, it's spelled out step by step with pictures of the process.
The website is http://www.DrawPortraitsFree.com
Check my work at
<<

dakine

Brand New Member

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:56 am

Quick question about using grid, does anyone have a suggestion on drawing a picture thats bigger then drawing paper using a grid system.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 pm

i tried this earlier today but it ended up with the grid lines showing up through the portrait is there any way i can stop the effect of the grid lines showing through the shading :?:
my da
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

don't press so hard when you draw the grid lines and erase them after the line drawing is done
"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:08 pm

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 pm

i thought you had to transfer the grid lines onto the good drawing paper my bad i think i will try again :)
my da
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Great! Let me know how it turns out.
<<

Asal

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 am

This is interesting.. I have a few questions though...

What do you think about using tracing paper? Instead of drawing a grid, you just put tracing paper over your printed image and draw.

Or instead of this what about using a light box? So you have your printed photo underneath, a blank sheet on top, and a lighsource coming from underneath the photo so that you can see through the blank sheet on top.

Gridding sounds interesting but why do it instead of these methods?
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 am

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Asal

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 am

"You might as well just print the picture,sign it and frame...job done. "

Haha, well you know the better you get at drawing the more and more it looks like a photo... so isn't that the aim? this would just help that... Gridding is just one step towards this, so who's to say gridding is a more artistic approach than tracing? Why draw the line at gridding... just because its been done more often in the past?

But yeah I was just thinking today, whats the point of trying to draw realistic. It eventually ends up looking as close as possible to the photo so whats the point? Then again whats the point of life, maybe I was just in one of my emo moods. :p

I'm pretty noob at drawing and these are just some thoughts i've had, not like i'm trying to lay down some well thought out opinions with essays of thought and argument to back them up with
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am

We all have had these thoughts at some time :shock:
DaVinci used a grid.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 pm

~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
PreviousNext

Return to Art Tutorials