[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Car Drawing Tutorial
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Car Drawing Tutorial

Moderator: duey

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:03 am

that was a very helpful tutorial, i posted a 67 vette on drawing day in almost the same perspective only i messed up the procedure ( i shouldve waited for the tutorial :lol: ).

the highlights are defintly the hot spot on the wheels, i always seem to mess it up with going too dark in areas before midtones or lighter ones go first and i end up not getting the highlights as dramatic as you got them. the darkest i went on the 67 i drew was 2B, but i shouldve defintly went darker, i might go back and work with some tones now that ive learned it :) .

the little detials you mention are the ones i miss, and that is a very big peice in the drawing, i as well do not have the links you said, but i will let any one who wants to draw a car know that this tutorial exist.
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Great tutorial, would a ref be of use to anyone else?
David.
<<

AsTro

Brand New Member

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:59 am

I am realy cool gay Image
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Jorma

Brand New Member

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Beautiful!

That's beautiful. I've always tried to draw a nice looking car, but they always end up looking like some random scrap from mid 80's.

I don't know how often you guys read these comments and as I'm looking at the date duey started this thread I'm not expecting any answer. I still have to ask. Where do you get the motivation and patience this kind of artwork needs? That's been my problem since born.. I always leave things unfinished.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Jorma, I think I might have the same problem as you! I'm always rushing drawings and wishing I had slowed down once I was done.

As for motivation to draw, I get it mainly from coming on this forum and looking at others' artwork, cruising the internet for cool reference pictures, and listening to music. Also, it just requires you to be in the right mood to draw.

I find drawing cars much easier than drawing people. On a car, you know exactly where a line should be, you can measure it, and you can use drafting tools to get it perfect. On a human or animal or plant form everything is much more natural, and generally less perfect. I also find drawing the smooth textures of vehicles much easier than those you find on living beings. And, cars don't have hair! That's a big plus for me! :lol:
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Vigator

Pro
Pro

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Previous

Return to Art Tutorials