[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Car Drawing Tutorial
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Car Drawing Tutorial

Moderator: duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Car Drawing Tutorial

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Awesome, can't wait to see that drawing. :)

Here's a preview of the upcoming tutorial. About halfway done with it now.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:33 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:39 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:58 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Thu May 15, 2008 12:32 am

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:20 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 15, 2008 10:21 pm

im restoring an 84 buick regal and ive already did a frame off job on it.... the only frame peice i replaced was the driver side rear frame rail, and i went to the bone yard and used a battery powered sawzall to get one off any gbody style car (monte carlo, cutlass, grand prix, regal...grand national ya right like thatll be in the yard lol) and i welded it on and replaced all my mounts. so you can pretty much do the same if you have the tools, cutlass and montes are more likely in the yard.

nice car you have, hopefully you stick with the restorin :wink:

.....and now back to drawing talk.
<<

theriver

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri May 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Car talk :roll: haha

It looks fantastic, Brian! I can't wait to see it complete.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Ok, done with the tutorial now. Sorry I haven't been active lately. I've been working a lot. :(

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Great tutorial! Good to know that I do a lot of the same thing you do (like smudging, drawing light areas of wheels first, etc.). Some things that I don't do are:

(1) I don't use mechanical pencils
(2) I mostly use 6B for almost all of the dark to mid tones. I never go darker than 6B (say, to 7B as you do)
(3) I work right to left 'cause I'm left handed
(4) I don't complete one area before moving onto the next, I generally shade in an area, then go onto the next, then come back and finish the first one, and so on.
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Next

Return to Art Tutorials