[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Draw a Peruvian Paso horse - Step by step
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Draw a Peruvian Paso horse - Step by step

Moderator: duey

<<

midnight passion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:05 am

Draw a Peruvian Paso horse - Step by step

1. Draw the basic outline of the horse in a light pencil as these only act as a basic guide.

2. Put in the basic shape of the tail and add horse shoes and nails on the hooves. D

3. Draw the ears so that they look like they are facing out to seach side but with the closest one is facing slightly backwards and the furthest one is facing slightly forewards.

4. Add in the basic mane shape

5. Add in the eye on a slight diagonal as the horse is holding its head vertically but slightly forewards (remember the little glare of light as that is a vital detail) and add an oval at the end of the nose as a nostril.

5. For the mouth, draw a little line facing towards the horse's eye.

6. Put a blaze (patch of white) down the front of the horse's face (just draw it as a line for now).

7. Add in some of the muscle features as lines just to give a guide as to where they are going to go.

8. Fill the mane and tail in enough that they look full and thick but also light and airy.

9. Do the same to the tail.

10. On the legs, put 3 socks (short bits of white above the hoof) and 1 stocking (patch of white that goes up to its hock) on the far back leg.

11. Fill in the horse's body with a HB or 2B pencil and then add highlights in the coat for glare, shine and muscle representation.

12. Add in some darker lines where the muscles are and under the belly where there is shade, also make the back leg look slightly hollow by shading the middle in darker.

13. Shade the hooves but leave a patch/line of white for the glare off them as hooves are actually shiny. On the front closest leg, you can see slightly underneath the horse's hoof. Add a dark patch at the heel that comes to a point in the middle of the hoof base (the frog; the only bit on a horse's hoof that is relitavely sensitive).

14. Darken the eye and the nostril.

15. Shade the socks and stocking in light grey (preferably with a 3H pencil). Do the same with the blaze on its face.

16. Rub out any remaining outlines, trying not to disturb the shading.

17. Clean up around the horse to make it look more sharp.

18. Be proud because horses are hard to draw! xD

Once in a blue moon... <3

I may only be 15 but drawing is my life

hehe go to my deviant art page sometime: http://midnight-passion.deviantart.com/
<<

midnight passion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:37 am

hehe go to my deviant art page sometime: http://midnight-passion.deviantart.com/
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 am

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:46 pm

got carried with the stomp. little blurry,lacks definition and contrast. sharped fine features, blend in more definition, really look good ......good job
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:54 pm

I think the horse is good work. It's original and no problem with definition or contrast, because drawing as a photo is boring and you can get a better job simply clicking the botton of the camera.

This drawing of the horse looks like impresionist black and white painting.

Very nice and Original.
<<

midnight passion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:10 pm

thanks for the tips and compliments... keep them coming...

also if you try to draw it, tell me how you go

^_^

much appreciation

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:41 pm

Nice drawing, but this really belongs in the art tutorial section. It won't disappear so quickly over there. You might want to contact Brian Duey to move it.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:08 pm

Nice work on this. Thanks for sharing your techniques.
<<

midnight passion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:16 pm

thankyou ^_^

<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri May 30, 2008 9:36 am

thank you , i use to draw horses all the time, in school and got pretty good at it , but i've forgot most of it, plus i nvr done the whole horse like you, I was limited to the head, thanks again
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

Highly Flammable Ninja

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:32 pm

My only little 'nag' with this picture is that the hair needs some movement in it - particulaly (excuse my spelling :lol:) the tail as it looks 'glued' together.

Other than that, not bad...

Oh I took a look on your DeviantArt and your pictures ain't too shabby.
Despite the name I'm 14 and Female.
<<

charcoalandp

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 am

<<

megan.styles

Brand New Member

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Re: Draw a Peruvian Paso horse - Step by step

well done. that is quite a horse. do you draw horses alot, because getting that good anatomicaly ect must have taken some practice. I draw some horses and have resiently attempted a very simple step be step for a beginner artist. mine just focuses on line art, but when i saw the steps to your art work it really made me think that perhaps i could do more. so thanks for the chance to look at a really great peice of art and also for the insparation!

oh, if you want to see my step by step, and perhaps give me some tips, it is at

cheers
meg

Return to Art Tutorials