[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New here, looking to draw on commission
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New here, looking to draw on commission

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

PaintRider

Brand New Member

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm

New here, looking to draw on commission

I'm looking to start selling artwork prints and drawing on commission. I thought I'd upload a few pictures here in case anyone was interested or knew someone that was. Thanks :D
unicorns.JPG
Prints are $45 and include shipping within the United States.
unicorns.JPG (38.93 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
western.JPG
western.JPG (32.8 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
drummer.JPG
drummer.JPG (23.05 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

you can go view more works at http://originalsbykaty.weebly.com
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: New here, looking to draw on commission

I would focus on improving your technique rather than focusing on selling prints at the moment. There are a lot of good artists on here that can help you improve. You need to make your art stand out in order to sell it, and improving your technique is a good way to start.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: New here, looking to draw on commission

I agree with Mark. You need to improve your skills before you'll make any considerable amount of money from your art. I sold 6 prints of my signed Luke Schenn drawing at $30 each including shipping for a profit of about $8 per print. I sold them on a website dedicated to the Leafs so it was really diehard fans that bought them. From that I got a couple of commissions for drawings of other Leafs players. If you're going to sell prints you have to be/do one of three things:

(1) extremely talented (better than 99% of the artists out there)
(2) have a style that is extremely unique and completely different than anything else you can find out there
(3) cater to a small niche market that buys your art because of their love of the subject matter

There is not much money to be made selling online prints, I don't know of anyone who makes a living or even the better part of a living from it.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Links