[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Pen & Ink Websites?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pen & Ink Websites?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri May 23, 2008 7:44 am

Pen & Ink Websites?

Hi All. Do any of you know of some good pen & ink websites? There are a few awful ones around that would insult a two year old.
<<

serramazing

Brand New Member

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:33 am

Ink and pen websites

Hi! This is my ballpoint pen drawings blog

http://serramazing.blogspot.com

I hope you like it!!!
<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Lizzie,

I love pen & ink. That medium just fascinates me. I have a set of Koh-i-noor technical pens that I have used. I also have a great pen & ink book. I really lucked out when I chose the art school that I did; because, my art teacher has wanted a student that he could teach pen & ink to. He said none of his students where evee interested. I even worked with a bamboo pen at one time.

WetCanvas has a great pen & ink forum and their members have great pen & ink websites. I was going to give you a link to it but they are down for technical repairs. It is apparently a really old website. When they get it back up I'll give the link.

serramazing,

That is some great pen & ink work you have their. It is amazing what people can do with just a ballpoint pen. There was a person at the WetCanvas forums that had a ballpoint pen art website. If I remember correctly, he sold his work on his website.
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 am

<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 am

Well, yes and know. I have some, but they are just doodles. Nothing that would compare to what you have seen me post here so far. I didn't do them to create art, I was just experimenting with the pen. I did keep them, because, at that time I hadn't learned to draw yet, and I wasn't expecting my doodles to turn out that good. I can post them if you want, just so long as you understand it would be just for laughs. Nothing, that you would ooo and ahhh over.
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:39 am

<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:42 am

<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Lizzie,

Sorry I didn't post my work. My scanner was too small for the job. I had to take a picture of it, and I'm trying to find a way to change my DPI on my picture. My other ones loaded onto the computer at 72 dpi making one of them look horrible.

Anyway, they finally finished fixing the forum. That pen and ink forum is here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdi ... cebb6&f=67

You should find a lot there on the subject as well. They have all kinds of tutorials on the subject. I'll try to load my work if my photo turns out ok. Just remember it is just for laughs. I don't have any works of art in pen and ink yet. :)
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks Doc!!! That is a great site for pen & ink and I have spent a lot of time browsing. Again thank you :D
<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, Lizzie I started not to post these since I saw your pen and ink drawing. I thought, "I ain't showing her my ugly hen scratches. I will be the laughing stock of the forum." Then I thought, "Yeah, but you told her you would display them."

Anyway, just remember two things. One, I did say it was for a good laugh. Two, I was only experimenting with the pen; and, it was at a time before I learned to draw. I wasn't even in art class yet.

Also, I want to recommend a really good book to you. It is called The Technical Pen by Garry Simmons. It has all kinds of different pen techniques (spelling?), and some breath taking works of art as well. The book was definitely worth the money.

Sorry I was so late in getting this up. However, I had a computer problem that forced me to restore it to factory default settings. In short, I lost everything and had to start over. It has been a slow process, that I didn't really want to do.

<<

Dr.T.O.Morrow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Awww, some of it was chopped off. I didn't even know that. Oh, well. It was not breath taking art work; so, who cares.
<<

marcomartinsadv

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi. i´m Marco from Portugal. Please, visit my drawings at mypendrawings.blogspot.com
Best regards
<<

serramazing

Brand New Member

Post Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Pen & Ink Websites?

Hi everybody!
My web has changed. Now is...

http://www.ferranserra.com

Thanks a lot!

Return to Links