[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - This absolutely ENRAGED me!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

This absolutely ENRAGED me!

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:25 pm

This absolutely ENRAGED me!

I can't believe how F#@$%@ up some people are. An "artist" by the name of Guillermo Habacuc Vargas did an exhibition last year. His "art" consisted of chaining an emaciated/starving dog in a room and writing words on the walls with pieces of dog food. The dog reportedly died of starvation during the show.

My opinion is that Mr. Vargas should suffer the same fate as his "subject". This story absolutely infuriated me!!

WARNING- if you are an animal lover, it's probably best that you don't even look at this. I basically summed up what happened above.

<<

theriver

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah I saw that on youtube several weeks ago and I wasn't sure what the idea was. Most people were saying that he starved the dog, but some people say he was trying to show the public about animal abuse... I obviously don't agree. This is animal cruetly and it made me sick. I love animals..

Poor dog had to suffer for no reason.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:16 pm

I thought the rumours that the dog died were proven to be false? I mean, I am not defending this guy, not one bit, to even come up with the idea is sick, but from my understanding of it there were a lot of rumours circulated on the internet that were not true. I don't have all the facts but that was just my understanding.

Good suggestion for his punishment, Duey! I think wrapping him in bacon and then fed alive to a pack of German Shepherds and pitbulls would also be a suitable ending.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:37 am

for this sicko to be sentenced is the same cruelty he did to the dog, no other way but to go through what the dog did, whether the dog lived or died, doesnt matter... alot of wrong in the world, nothing ever right, this is just something that should have never left this guys mind.

if this is art, im gonna have to stop drawing and throw out my materail..but its far from anything than cruelty.
<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:25 am

cruelty

As my Dad would say; "his day will come."
'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Brutal ...
But any comment from me would be hypocritical, so long as we (Canadians) have the seal hunt .. :x :(

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

blurhead

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:22 am

<<

Brendan

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:48 am

'news'?

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 pm

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 am

Well, the road kill is already and accidentally 'gone'. Maybe your idea is a good one- if you can live with the inevitable misunderstandings. But I have to think that the fact that such stuff gets publicity is a huge part of the problem, and is the incentive for these porous-brained pigs' 'art'.

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:49 am

It's very possible that Vargas created shock "art" just to gain publicity. I don't think he got any exposure that would help his career though, only hurt it. Just to be captain obvious, I am putting art in quotes because I don't think this is art at all.
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 pm

Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:52 am

David.
Next

Return to Links