[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Portrait Of My Wife
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Portrait Of My Wife

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Portrait Of My Wife

First time for me to use pastel on this Rives BFK paper.
It's pricey but got it on sale.
Inspired by the style of Susan Lyon.
This is bigger than life size.

Someone said I made my wife looked sad and sick in this portrait. What's your say on this? :roll:

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: Portrait Of My Wife

I think she looks thoughtful..as if she's lost someone :(
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 pm

you have alot of talent :D
my da
<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:31 am

Nice work! I'd see it as more contemplative... I don't see sad or sick. Excellent piece, I like your technique.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm

This is very good. I love the effect witgh the loose blended hair into shadow. Very clever and talented.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:18 am

<<

johnbriner

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Oh my goodness! You are so damn good! This is another piece of stunning talent. This is seriously, sweet. Thanks for sharing the portrait of your wife. I can feel how proud of you having her in your life! I have nothing to say negative 'coz all I can see is perfect!
<<

Greeny

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 am

this looks very nice. i love the way the facial features stand out!
good work!
“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” — Mary Lou Cook

share/like my FB page! it'd be very much appreciated :P
facebook.com/mattirelandartpage

mattirelandart.com

Return to Pastels