[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tips for improvement.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tips for improvement.

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:25 am

Tips for improvement.

Here's my second attempt on pastel. I'm trying not to be detail-conscious on this one...want to create an effect like that of a painting. I created the smoke in the last minute. Feel free to comment on how i can improve it.

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Tizer

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:59 am

Man thats cool!

Hmm How to improve huh,,i have no idea LOL ive never picked up a pastel in my life! Apart from the sweetie ones you can eat :wink:
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:48 pm

Jason Statham? One of my friends is obsessed with him. She'd love you for doing this. I think you are doing a great job with pastels. It's recognizable. The only thing I notice is that it could use some cleaning up, some of the shading is rough looking in places. It looks like a painting though. I say keep going with these, they are really great! You are making me want to do another one now :D
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:19 pm

Nice job on the smoke - it really adds to the painting.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:38 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:09 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:45 pm

<<

sketch_elements

Post Tue May 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Jason Statham is a hottie!! lol nice work. Maybe you could try pullin in some of your blues and greens in the background into the face, for example blend them in your highlights...but use them sparingly...your just tryin to cool down some areas.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Nice tip...blending the foreground into the background..i'll do that next time. Thanks :wink:

Return to Pastels