[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Grand Haven Lighthouse>WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Grand Haven Lighthouse>WIP

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:16 pm

Here's another update. I've sort of been losing steam with this lately. But I am going to try to work as much as I can on it this week and hopefully finish it within the next couple days. The steel beams on the right side are proving to be very time consuming. It's very hard to get a straight line with pastel pencils and the textured paper makes it difficult also. So after I make a beam with the pastel, I have to go back and straighten out each side of it with a mechanical graphite pencil. Well, back to work on it :D

<<

Brendan

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:22 pm

The beams look nice and straight from here !
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Just finished it today. Glad to have it done now. :D

Straycat, do you still want a bigger version or is this scan a little better quality than the last images?

<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:24 pm

That really impressive Duey, even when I viewed it really close, some bits still looked photographic :)
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 am

That's great Brian .. I can almost feel the wind and hear the gulls.
It seemed like you didn't like this one that much .. it took you awhile to finish and there was some complaining !
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:51 am

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 pm

Ok, I will post that later on today. I have to go outside and plow for a while, we got dumped on with snow last night. I did put together a little tutorial for this lighthouse drawing last night if you are interested. It's at
<<

mikejones1965

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Excellent

duey a great pastel drawing , and i did look at ther tutorial , and it is worth it .
AS you say the tones and shading are so important for it not to appear flat

thanks for sharing , drawing and tutorial

Mike
amateur sketcher, and i dont do detail work , just a quck sketch that shows who it is
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:24 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:40 am

No, I don't use a lot of pressure on the q-tips. Yes, I have been mixing colors quite a bit actually. I just apply the color directly on top of the other color. Here's the bigger version that you asked for :D

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 am

Thanks Brian. I don't know how you managed to color the lower portion of the sky smoothly...considering that the paper is quite rough. I don't know, this is one medium i really can't understand. :roll: :cry:

<<

tbone

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:53 am

Duey this is by far one of my favorites.. looks like it should be hanging in a dentists office somewhere. great job.
<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pastels