[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Here's a few pastel pictures
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Here's a few pastel pictures

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:04 am

Here's a few pastel pictures

I'm posting a pastel of some flower's I started a little while ago, actually I think that was a couple years ago. I haven't finished yet but I like it so far. I used pastel pencils and colored pencils. Here again the color is much nicer in real life.
I'm also posting a portrait of a little girl. I like this one because her eyes follow you. It's almost a little scary. I used illustration board on this one and both pastel's and colored pencils.
Any comments/suggestions are welcome. :)

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3332/flowersel2.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7272 ... aitsd3.jpg
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:21 am

Nice! Nice! Nice!

That's all i can say. I'm not a pastelist that's why i can't give any suggestions. :D
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:09 am

Christy these are awesome! I'm glad there's someone here that does pastel work. You can give me tips. :D What kind of pastels are you using?
<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 am

Thanks for compliments! :D

Brian - I don't know about giving you tips your pastel of conan was pretty awesome. I'm very impressed that you can do small sections at a time. I think that would be hard for me. I like to start with the fun stuff and then move onto the frustrating stuff. Maybe that's why I don't finish a lot of my drawings. :?
Anyways, I have the set of 60 Faber-Castell Pitt Patel Pencils and a smaller set of prismcolor NuPastel color sticks. I also have some Derwent brand pastel pencils. For my portrait I used more colored pencil than pastels. I have Prismcolor and Derwent colored pencils. Being married is nice because there are two incomes which means I have a little bit more money to spend on art supplies. That stuff is expensive!!!
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

beckie181

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 pm

i love the first one that is really good
live everyday like it is your last and paint like you never have draw like you can't even remeber what your drawing and love like you have never been hurt and dream like you have had no nightmares.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 am

<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:36 pm

<<