[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Conan O Brien Pastel Portrait>>WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Conan O Brien Pastel Portrait>>WIP

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:07 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:24 am

I've been working some more on this today. It shouldn't be long till it's done now that I have the face out of the way. I might work some more on the face though, it looks kind of pale.

<<

Brendan

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:00 am

Wow - he sure "pops" off the paper .. you can get a real 3D effect with the pastels.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:04 am

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm

Straycat, yeah I am using Canson Mi Tientes. I'd like to get some nice Velour paper though. The Mi Tientes is a little too thin for my liking. I like to work on more of a board than a paper.

Here's another update. I worked on the neck and started on his jacket.

<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Excellent work with the pastels.
I have a set of pastel pencils also and I love them. I've tried pastel sticks in the past and decided to never use pastels again, until I found the pencils. I love the control you have with them.
You've really got some great detail in the face.
...just my two cents. :D
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:17 am

Nice update there, Brian. What's the size of this drawing?
Last edited by straycat on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Christy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:36 pm

<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:38 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:46 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Whoops, forgot to post the completed. Here it is.

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 pm

<<

sir hobo

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:57 pm

realistic art is true art
Previous

Return to Pastels