[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Wet lips
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wet lips

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 am

Wet lips

(should open to larger)

Sennelier Oil Pastels (and a few cheap Mungyos)
8x10 on white Pastelbord
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:49 am

Re: Wet lips

Eric,you naughty boy,ha,love it :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Haha, I like to have fun, what can I say... :mrgreen:

Here is a link to an XL size image of the piece:
<<

Lili84

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 am

WOW...this...is...awsome!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 am

Excellent work. :)

<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Lili84 and Larc. Thank you!

I tried for a "realist" or even "hyper-realist" goal with this. I found that to achieve any realism in oil pastels is a major effort! Granted, realism in any medium is difficult. But oil pastels can be tricky. I guess it just takes a certain comfort level with the medium.

Anyway thanks for the comments, I am glad you all like it! :)
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 pm

looks great :D
my da
<<

johnbriner

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Truly impressive rendering. This is what I call realism. The colors and textures blend pretty well. In fact, it looks more like a photograph than oil pastel. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more from you!
<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks all.

btw I put up a blog post about this piece... a step-by-step of how it all went:
<<

Skarbog

Brand New Member

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 am

wow, i never thought that kind of work was possible with oilpastels :o your step-by-step blog was very usefull to see how you did it. thanks

(old work atm, but i am working on it to update the site :D)
<<

johnbriner

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 pm

<<

Thunderzmoon

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:35 pm

:mrgreen: Hehe
That's really good though!!! :D
“Speak out your mind and your heart, you won’t be bored.”

“I feel like I’ve got a foot in a couple of different places, so I’m not fully anything, but I’m a bit of everything.”

"A drawing is simply a line taking a walk."
<<

cubexxx

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Awesome! I can tell you pay alot of attention to detail!
Before you act, you feel.
Before you feel, you imagine
Before you imagine, you have a thought.
Where do your thoughts come from?
Your heart.
keep it pure.

Return to Pastels