[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Get off your horse and drink your milk. COMPLETE see bottom
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Get off your horse and drink your milk. COMPLETE see bottom

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 am

Get off your horse and drink your milk. COMPLETE see bottom

I am currently working on a John Wayne portriat for a friend.

I'ts about 2 hrs in,

Pastel on Bristol Vellum 11" x 14"

Hoping this one turns out well, so far so good. It seems to me that anyone I put a cowboy hat on turns out looking a bit like Johnny Cash??

Here are a few wips, I will have a much clearer pic soon.

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Cordy
Last edited by cordy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Get off your horse and drink your milk. WIP

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:54 pm

<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Well, I don't know you very well and I wasn't trying to go over board.
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 pm

I think it alot like the Duke :), although I like Johnny Cash too. :)
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:42 pm

I dunno, did John Wayne ever wear tangerine pink clothing? ;)
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:51 pm

That was so you would know he was the star of the show. :)
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am

here is an update, about 4 hrs so far,

need to finish small details and get the highlights working.

also will be working on a background.

comments are welcome

Cordy
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:21 pm

you're spot on, i still have to finish the clothes and hat, more work on the lips and eyes, and just touch up everywhere else, im thinking of doing a subtle background so should be fairly simple

cordy,

thanks for the comments
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 pm

I think pastels is your medium. That was a weird sentence, gramatically.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 pm

yeah, I am really enjoying them, I just like the way you build up a face and the color gives it life. I still like the graphite so will have to keep practicing with that. I have a few works in the making too

cordy
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 am

Ok so I pretty much finished Mr Wayne, and am now trying to figure out a background.

so far about 6 hrs +

Next portrait I am really going to spend time on each part of the face, and be as smooth as possible. I saw some amazing pastel work on DeviantArt.

comments are awesome!!

Cordy
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:52 am

you have to excuse the poor quality of the picture, it was taken with my iphone, i have a copy on a proper camera so i will upload that soon.

Took around 7 hrs, I added a light beige background as I thought it complemented the cowboy feel.

The guy i gave this to was well happy and Im sure I might get some business from him showing people.

comments are the best

Cordy
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 am

His left eye looks a little big.. I just noticed that. Other than that, amazing.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.

Return to Pastels