[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New WIP 1 "My Grandma" DONE!!!!! see last post
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New WIP 1 "My Grandma" DONE!!!!! see last post

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 am

New WIP 1 "My Grandma" DONE!!!!! see last post

So I have fully caught the pastel bug and last night spent around 3 and a half hours working on a Pastel portrait of my Grandma. She turned 90 this year and I dont see her that often as I live in Canada, and her in England. She is a legend in my family and I just saw her when i visited home.

Please comment,

I aim to make her look a little older and touch up most of the picture. Also have to finsh hand and arm and background.

cheers,

Cordy
Last edited by cordy on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 am

Looks great so far! I'd say you've caught on to using pastels extremely quickly!

I agree with making her look a bit older, she certainly doesn't look 90 in your drawing! (although I don't know how old the reference picture you used is).

You got a lot done in 3 hours! The only thing that looks a bit off is the glasses... they look slightly crooked and uneven. Great job though, and keep us posted!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:09 am

I love the detail. Of course that could be that you drew the picture pretty big and it's shrunk down for us here. I like the colors you are chosing and the proportions are coming along swimmingly. Something seemed off about the thickness of the arm... but that could just be me.
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:17 pm

yeah the arm in the reference looks a bit odd too, its the way she was posing. The size of this is 14" × 17" on Bristol Vellum.

Again using the PanPastels and other pastels for detail.

this is the reference

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

she is indeed propped against a couch. And i had to take the photo about 3 times because she wanted to pose properly

:lol:
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:27 am

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 am

ok here it is,

took around 7 hours.

Pastel on Bristol Vellum

My grandma,

comments are most welcome

Cordy
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:55 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Return to Pastels