[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - a jack russell...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

a jack russell...

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 am

a jack russell...

thought as i am using my pastels would post it in the right segment.

thats where im up to need to still work on ear and bit of head but its a start.

and there is the ref pic.

:D
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Well done some more but hey its gettin there. Lonley in this part of the forum. :lol:
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:03 am

Haha, cute dog. Nice job so far. How do you like working with pastels? What kind are you using?
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 am

Looking good Mike .. nice job on the eyes - they're kinda sad looking .. :(

Hey .. what happened to your avatar ?? I hope I didn't piss you off with that skin tone thread ...

Doesn't Duey have a dog like this ??
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:06 am

Cheers Duey.

Im using Derwent chalk pastels. so much fun to use blending and building up layers takes time but thats no issue.

Brendan .

No lost my pic on the web space i was using so changed but could not find that pic. :lol: Not to worrie about comment ive always looked pasty. comes from being in a counrty with little or no sun. :lol:

That comment daft as it sounds was helpful mad me lok at what colours were in the picture :) once i did that sort of came together. :)

As for the eyes know what you mean i may just teek the left eye a bit darken it up to try and change look.
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Well worj=ked a bit more.

And brendan i did'nt know duey had a dog like this.

they are a common pet in england. Did this as i thought when my wall gets full someone will take this off my hands. so i can make space. :) :lol:

Plus the fact 99% of the time when i go out runningi nearly get taken out by these anklebiters :lol: but they are alovely dog.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:59 pm

I've got a rat terrier. But they are similar breeds, yes.

You are using stick pastels or pencil pastels? I've only done a few pastel works but I would defenitely suggest getting some pastel pencils for small details. They help a lot.
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:28 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Nice job on this. I do think that you should have blended the bottom of the neck into the background though. Right now it looks like his head is kind of chopped off :D But other than that, no crits.
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

cool thank you duey. will try to ad a more softer edge to it :) does look a sudden end. :lol:

Was a nice one to do too. :)
<<

theriver

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 pm

<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:22 pm

the river thank you.

they are a good medium to use and also quite fun too :)
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm

you have created a really nice look in his eyes,
David.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:07 pm

This looks exactly like my friend's dog Kizzy! Too bad you never see them in this pose in real life... they're always too busy running around and chasing things and barking at nothing!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Pastels