[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello from Cape Town :)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello from Cape Town :)

Moderator: duey

<<

Thunderzmoon

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 am

Hello from Cape Town :)

Hey everyone!

I'm Kristen and I'm all the way from Cape Town, South Africa!

I've been drawing since I can remember and I really want to work in the industry of animation!
I've joined this forum because recently I feel like I've had a lack of creativity and inspiration and motivation and I felt like maybe drawing or art is not for me but a few days ago I heard someone say that if you love what you're doing and you know it's what you love then you should let no one tell you that it's not for you and I've been practising more and loving it more!! :D

Fact: I'm a newbie when it comes to sketching and portraits and I'm reading books about it it to help. :(

I really hope I'll fit in here!!

-Kristen

P.s. Tips and advice for drawing are welcomed! :mrgreen:
“Speak out your mind and your heart, you won’t be bored.”

“I feel like I’ve got a foot in a couple of different places, so I’m not fully anything, but I’m a bit of everything.”

"A drawing is simply a line taking a walk."
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Hello from Cape Town :)

Hi Kristen, welcome aboard!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Kristen. :)

<<

CeejayShadow

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 am

Welcome from a fellow newbie Kristen :)

Why not post some examples of your art on the drawings or paintings area of the forum and let everyone see what sort of level you're at to start off with. That might get you some hints and tips tailored to you. And then it's a case of acting on any advice and keep posting finished pieces as you go along, for further critique :)
<<

flyingmallard

Brand New Member

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Can you send me your drawings to flyingmallard@alpacacottage.com
thanks

Return to Welcome