Moderator: duey

<<

Hudsonpie

Brand New Member

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Hello...

Hello everyone,
My name is Russ and I am from Devon...
I have been drawing since I was a child but have never really taken it seriously, I am now fully grown ( nearly forty and wondering where the hell my life went...) and wish
to get back into it again. I used to do vehicle renderings of hot rods and the like but I felt I needed to diversify and so I tried various different things until I settled on figure drawing and cartoons. I have not been drawing for about ten years or so, I attempted a few things but life sort of got in the way. Last year I discovered my wife was having an affair....to be expected really as I was a hard drinking, drug taking arsehole who had a bad attitude, I was in and out of work and money was always an issue....I digress but stick with it....anyway I ended up homeless and was living in my car and as I had to travel light I bought a sketchbook and decided to rekindle my love of drawing.
I dont really rate myself as an artist, I kind of like to think of myself as a truck driver who is really good at doodling....I cleaned up my act and have been drawing steadily ever since.
It has been a steep learning curve but I am getting there, unfortunately I am currently sans internet ( I'm on a friends computer ) so I cant post any pictures yet but I will figure something out as I could really use some advice. I have been lurking here from time to time but as the bug bites I though it time to join a forum and get involved, I am blown away by some of the work here, I have seen some excellent work and am thoroughly impressed. And as time goes on I hope to develop my skills further, I am amazed how much I had forgotten. I have posted some work on Facebook, there are a few drawings and bits and bobs in my photo gallery, I am a bit of a technophobe so if any one knows how to get pictures from there to here....somehow...that would be great.
I am still learning so please be gentle with me.... :)
Russ Shaw.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Hello...

Hello Russ from Devon,You probably know,but..Russ from Dorset :D
Welcome.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Watcher

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Hello...

Hello Hudsonpie,

I'm nearing forty myself. Also like you, I don't consider myself an artist. I just like to draw occasionally and would like to improve.

Welcome!

Return to Welcome