[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hi all, just joining this fantastic forum
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi all, just joining this fantastic forum

Moderator: duey

<<

Pompeytone

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi all, just joining this fantastic forum

Hi everyone, my name is Tony and I am from Portsmouth UK.
I have recently rediscovered a love of drawing, used to draw (badly) as a teenager and now nearing my 40's
I stumbled across this website whilst looking for tips on improving my portraits,and thanks to comments and critiques made by the members here I have already made progress.
I have long way to go, but maybe one day I will have a piece that I will be happy to show, and take on board the constructive criticism that makes this forum so great.
I find the standard of a lot of artwork posted here is incredible and I will strive to reach anywhere near this level :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: Hi all, just joining this fantastic forum

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 am

welcome and glad you found us. :)
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Pompeytone

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks Russ and Shawna.
Russ, just like to say you became a favourite critique of mine very quickly when I first found this forum.
I would look at someones work and just think "Wow that looks great", then scroll down to find things you had noticed/tips to improve etc., then when I looked at the picture again would think "oh yeah, never noticed that". So thanks for helping me to start looking at drawings in a new (better) way :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 pm

You're the second person this week to praise me :D Thank you for your honesty.
I've said this before,because of my disability with my eyesight...it makes me 'look' and not browse.
<<

Pompeytone

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Forgive my ignorance Russ, I'm quite new to the forum and didn't realise you had an eyesight disability.
In that case, it makes your work even more impressive.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Return to Welcome