[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hi .......................
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi .......................

Moderator: duey

<<

Shehany

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi .......................

I posted some drawings before saying hi....Hmm, not the most polite way of introducing oneself I guess..... :(
Sorry.

Any way, I am a Dutch woman with a boring job. I work as a nurse at an emergency-callcenter (like 119, 112) and believe me, it gets boring after several years :shock: Since I need the money, I try to make the best of it and fill up my lonely nightshifts with something I really like: drawing.

Surfing on the internet I bumped into this forum a year ago and started reading. I bought some cheap paper and graphite pensils and started to draw. I saw the most amazing drawings here and thougt: I want to do that too!

Besides drawing I have a lot of other interests (like many creative people, I have too many):
-travelling around the world, most of the times to Sri Lanka (lived there for a year and met my husband there)
-reading
-photography
-surround myself with friends and family
-our house (a very old house which needs a lot of TLC)
-plants and animals (sealife!)
-smoking and drinking wine (yeah yeah, I know its a bad habbit and very expensive as well...... :roll: )
-cooking (hot & spicey!)
-doings things I never did before

Well, that's about it..I hope this introduction makes up for my mistake to post my drawings first :mrgreen:
Never look down on someone unless you are helping him up
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Hi .......................

That's some introduction!
Glad you joined the forum Shehany,that's a long time stalking this place :lol:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:53 pm

pleasure to meet you
my da
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 am

Welcome to the forum. :)

<<

Shehany

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes, stalked here a bit of a long time :oops:
Most forums have negative people hanging around so I was a bit carefull. This place seems to be nice and friendly (and no, this don't mean I can't handle critics). Hope to hang around here for a long time 'couse it feels ok.
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:31 pm

welcome. and i agree with you. outstanding feed back and talent around here.
glad you found it.
cheers
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Shehany

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks, I agree..! Cheers Shawna :D

Return to Welcome