[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Seeking advice on how to improve non-existent drawing skills
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seeking advice on how to improve non-existent drawing skills

Moderator: duey

<<

terblus

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Seeking advice on how to improve non-existent drawing skills

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I recently have decided to follow some age old ambitions and try making games. What's always held me back from this is my lack of skills in the visual arts. I'm hoping that some helpful members can point me towards some good places to start for absolute beginners that want to learn how to draw. Some pixel art or digital media things would be particularly useful, but I definitely also want to improve my general drawing ability. Thanks.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Seeking advice on how to improve non-existent drawing skills

welcome to the forum. digital art is not my thing but the forum is a great place to start
my da
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome to the forum. :)

<<

rhizin

Brand New Member

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

I wouldn't care much about the digital aspect... drawing digitally is just drawing with another medium. Same goes for 3D design. Learn first to draw simple shapes and figures (characters, persons) realistically on paper, than the digital stuff will become easy. Of course you can also start with Photoshop or Gimp or something, but than you have to get used to using a graphicboard, learning the software AND learning to draw. And you can't take your computer with you outside to sketch in different situations. So I think good old paper and pencil is best at first.

Return to Welcome