[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New to drawing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to drawing

Moderator: duey

<<

Andreas

Brand New Member

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:11 am

New to drawing

Hello everyone

I am completely new to both drawing aswell as this forum. I've decided I want to master a new skill and so decided I want to draw as it is a activity with limitless possibilities and minimum equipment requirements at the same time as i am amazed by it meself. I have been browsing trough the web for quite a few minutes now and I dont really know where I should begin with my "journy" and so I decided "Why not start at a responding community?". What I want is to be able to draw out of my imagination both cartoons and more realistic humans aswell as portraits. Now I know this will take years of drawing and practicing. But If I don't start it'll take even longer :o
So I guess my question is, where do I begin? [-o<
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
- Leonardo da Vinci
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 am

Re: New to drawing

Welcome.
Tutorials might be a good place to start.
http://dueysdrawings.com/drawing_tutorials.html
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Angelita

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Andreas, I have the same problem... I don't know where to start. :( The past few days I searched the web for tutorials like Phan-Tom said... :wink:
- A drawing is simply a line going for a walk! -
<<

Andreas

Brand New Member

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for the link Phan-Tom, there is indeed great tips and important points in there. I guess the only way to be good is to let the pencil hit the paper!

Good luck Angelita, I hope you find joy in drawing. :)
- Leonardo da Vinci
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Angelita

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:10 am

Well I must say that I already find joy in drawing.. :D

It's just that I have soo much to learn!! I already notice that every 'drawing' or 'doodle' (how you would like to call it) is an exercise.. That's for sure :D
- A drawing is simply a line going for a walk! -
<<

Andreas

Brand New Member

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 pm

I wanna draw a portrait of someone, who it is dosent really mather. What I am wondering is basically how you find your subjects? is it a google-search or is it a magazine you found visiting your aunt? Or do you choose them by facial features? :wink: Would for example someone with a beard be easier to draw then someone without? or is it there any difference wether the light comes from behind or from infront? Which features is the best for an overall learning progress? :roll:

Answers is very much appreciated :)
- Leonardo da Vinci
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:24 pm

I google,but you need to be interested in the subject or image otherwise it can become tiresome.If you have a favourite actor/actress or musician,maybe a pet or famous landmark...your choice :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

you can use the aiswarya rai d\picture from the thread it has a high quality pic if you need it :D
my da
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

Return to Welcome