[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - a start..
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

a start..

Moderator: duey

<<

madison

Brand New Member

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 am

a start..

hello.

I'm from New Zealand, living in the heart of Auckland City.

I guess I stumbled on this site due to a number of things. I'm not happy with my life - where I'm going, most of my friends, my job etc. I'm young but I've come to what I feel is a point of either great change or continual monotony. A crossroads I suppose, but it doesn't feel as concrete as that.

I'm sorry, this is quite morose and confusing!

After a long weekend of pseudo-socializing, drugs and poor decisions I was sitting in my office with nobody else. It's about 11.30pm and I was waiting for the shift to finish. I was edgy and tense but am not sure why.

I was listening to a song that I can't relate to very much (NWA - F**k the police) and just picked up a pencil. I started out drawing some basic shapes like boxes and the outline of a police badge etc when I sort of just let go. I noticed a particular part of a scribble that just popped a twisted character into my head. The pencil took over for a while until the feeling left and I stopped.

I have a vague sense of familiarity with the character but cannot place it. All I know is that when I was drawing, time stopped, the music faded and I felt very much in "tune" with what I was doing. It felt like a bit of a rush, it was very enjoyable. It turned my over-analytical brain off for a moment. I know this because when the feeling faded I started looking at it critically. I wanted more detail but didn't know how to create it.

The drawing itself is very simple and looking at it now, not very impressive, but I'm here for that feeling. I want to know if I can and should pursue it. Whether you guys feel this regularly and if I can somehow manage to gain a little bit of control over it and create something to share. Something worthwhile?

I have great difficulty articulating or expressing myself and hope I may have stumbled on a release valve. I feel very wound up and stressed generally - that pressure disappeared while I was sketching.

So anyway, I hope I can relate to some of you and learn as much as I can.

Sorry for the drama. :roll:

m
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 am

Re: a start..

Wow, what an intro.
Drawing as a therapy is recognised as such by my self and probably many others on this and other sites.
Yeah, a "rush" can be achieved when a drawing that has had moments of anguish, pain and torment is finaly completed.
Once posted, and there for all the world to critique, you can feel quite exposed and vunerable.
You wait for the first comments, not knowing how your drawing will be taken...good, bad or will it just be ignored?
Then they come...

Personaly, drawing has helped me realise in myself skills that I never knew existed. Patience, and eye for detail and a determination to be better.
And this site has helped me develop these skills.
Although I still have a way to go yet, I am enjoying the journey.

Welcome to the forum, I hope your stay is an enjoyable one. :)

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello Madison,I am the site Dr and Therapist,glad you looked us up.All the great Artists used drugs or alcohol in some shape or form to release inner thought and as I've said before 'release the shackles',that moment sat in your work place hopefully will be your 'Eureka' moment,and lead you on to a greater perspective in your life.I'm here 25 hours a day if you need me,remember..'Snooze you Lose'.
Get squiggling, Dr Russ.
I have a funny story about a nightclub near my hometown called 'Madison's',another day i will tell :shock:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Watcher

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:39 am

Return to Welcome