[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - new to the world of forums
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new to the world of forums

Moderator: duey

<<

Walker

Brand New Member

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:09 am

new to the world of forums

Hi I am new with the forum thing, but have gone as far as I can with drawings on my own. A little about me. I have been working with art my whole life and have found a passion for pencil drawing. So any tips would be helpful. Not sure how to post a drawing.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Welcome Walker. Nice to have you here. This is how you post a picture. First click on "post reply". Then type whatever message you'd like to accomplany your picture. Then scroll down to the imageshack toolbar. Click "browse" and find the picture on your computer. It's easiest if you have the picture on your desktop. Click on the picture you'd like to upload and then click on the button under the uploader that says "host it". A new window will pop up with lots of different codes to choose from. Copy and paste one that says it is for forums and message boards where you typed your reply message.
<<

Walker

Brand New Member

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks for letting me know how to post a drawing. This is my issue and i dont know if any one can tell, thanks to my scanner but I get this far with a drawing and stop. So Need some help, direction, or coments.

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Nice drawing, Walker, and welcome to the forum. :wink:

If you're striving for realism, perhaps you want to add more shadings to your drawing. It can add more depth and make it more 3-dimentional. You don't seemed to have problems with the proportion, so try to improve with your shadings. Good Luck.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Walker

Brand New Member

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 pm

I know what you mean. I think my biggest fear on the more shading is messing up the drawing from what I all ready have. I know I need to go darker also, but I dont really know which pencil to use. I had the same issue with using charcoal. I had to force my self for four hours to do a basic black out drawing of the twin towers. I just need to get over it and do it.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:44 am

If you have a set of graphite pencils..you can start building up the darker values a step at a time. Like if you're using H for the initial shading..you can use either B or 2B or 3B to build up the tones. Don't be afraid, just don't put too much pressure on your pencil so it would be easier to erase. :wink:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.

Return to Welcome