[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Just Starting
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just Starting

Moderator: duey

<<

DamoWain

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Just Starting

Hi guys, just starting to do portrait drawings like these and obviously am struggling. I see myself as decent at drawing but I don't go in depth with the shading and detail until my recent tries. I'm struggling mostly with the shading and detail it just doesn't look right when i do it. I want to know when you started out how long did it take before u started seeing results and also, what do you think helped you the most.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Just Starting

post a drawing and we will try and help you and everyone progressses differentley just have fun drawing
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome Damo,Fairly natural ability,but it's the clever tips that make all the difference...and patience...and a grid....and a putty eraser(BB :lol: )
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

DamoWain

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:58 pm

thanks guys im on with tryin somethin at theminute so ill post when im done. im not sure how to grid coz i dont have a printer with ink so cant just print em off, Im really not sure bout it to be honest maybe some1 can help. I usually just copy pictures from the internet. By the way definitely got that putty eraser haha
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi DamoWain,
Welcome to the forum, we all have to start somewhere, so get your work posted. There are plenty of people here to help you get to where you want to be.
Most of all have fun doing it. :)

Return to Welcome