[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Ahoy!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ahoy!

Moderator: duey

<<

Cosbydaf

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:17 am

Ahoy!

I decided to join some new forums to broaden my horizons and hopefully meet some new friends.

A little brief biography about myself and my art;

I have been drawing since I knew how to hold a pencil, it's always been an important part of my life. I typically draw fantasy and sci-fi characters, and plenty of fanart here and there. I also like to use my art as a way to illustrate my own characters and ideas for comics, movies and games.

I don't have much of an art budget, so I make do with pencils and buro pens, inexpensive things that I can replace easily.
I typically color with colored pencils, and have been experimenting with digital painting. I haven't received any professional training, I'm more of a "Do it yourself" type, though I still have plenty to learn. In the future I would like to have a job where I can use my creative talents, something involved with comics or movies.

Here are some samples of my artwork:

Kujgoroz monster, Digital painting: http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/ ... jgoroz.png

An Imp from Doom: http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/ ... imp505.jpg

A demon I designed (sorry for the notebook paper): http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/ ... red403.jpg

Transformer sketch: http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/ ... ept283.jpg

I have a deviantart account which I update frequently, most of my best art from the past 4 years is on here: http://cosbydaf.deviantart.com/
Last edited by Cosbydaf on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:59 am

Re: Ahoy!

Hi Cosbydaf,
Welcome to the forum. :)

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:27 am

nice to meet you just saw your gallery at deviant i like it. :D
my da
<<

SoarnEagle

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Cosbydaf

Great to have you here with us!

Make the most of everyday.. you don't know what tomorrow will bring!
<<

Cosbydaf

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've noticed that a lot of people here are portrait artists. I've never been much of a portrait artist, (more of a monster/character designer) but I hope that won't be a problem.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 pm

We're a mixed bunch,and welcome :)
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 pm

dont worry we had screamsheild for a short time and he did thaat i wonder what happened to him :?
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:57 pm

screamshield ran away with my trophy i never received :cry:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<