[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - I HOPE THIS CATCHES YOUR ATTENTION :)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I HOPE THIS CATCHES YOUR ATTENTION :)

Moderator: duey

<<

insaneduo

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 am

I HOPE THIS CATCHES YOUR ATTENTION :)

Hello! :D
I'm Megan, and I am mostly interested in realistic portraits of people.
I want to make portrait drawing my future career.
I have a while to learn and grow artistically, granted I'm only 15 years old, and so I'm doing whatever I can to teach myself to draw better, whether I'm advertising free personal portrait drawings on Facebook for practice, or borrowing drawing technique books from the library, such as Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards.
I've been drawing since I first was very, very young, and the want to perfect my drawings has had a major influence in my skill development, and it is still a goal I reach for.
I have come a LONG way in two years, from rough sketches of people to nearly exact-looking portraits.
I've entered my drawings in numerous contests and have placed every time...so far...but with all of the hard work I put into my drawings and quality, I simply wish I had more recognition than a ribbon or certificate.
Maybe what I'm trying to get to is that if any one has any ideas about how I could become more widely recognized, it would be greatly appreciated.
I want this to be my life.
I have and will work hard to get where I want to be.
Thanks.

Love,

Megan
"I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on." - Renoir
<<

insaneduo

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:31 am

Re: I HOPE THIS CATCHES YOUR ATTENTION :)

Here's three pictures...
The first is an angel I drew for my mom for Christmas when I was 1 to 1 1/2 years old.
The second is Britney Spears, which I drew sometime in 2008, when I was 13.
The third is my newest portrait, drawn on 08/09/10. (Woo! 8 - 9 - 10!) :) My downfall of this picture was definitely the hair...I got impatient. :P

angel.JPG
angel.JPG (27.71 KiB) Viewed 1839 times

britney.jpg
britney.jpg (23.36 KiB) Viewed 1839 times

Ocean.jpg
Ocean.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1839 times

Thanks for looking.
I appreciate it.
Comment?
:)
"I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on." - Renoir

Return to Welcome