[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello from Indiana
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello from Indiana

Moderator: duey

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 am

Hello from Indiana

Hmm... well back in the day I went to school to be a commercial arts... you know before graphic tablets and photoshop. I ended up in a filthy factory for the last 23 years doing a mans job instead of art. But got let go on the 2nd of July (wont go into details unless you ask) For 15 years I let it go until I seen a book by Lee Hammond. She forced me to learn a new trade, but my pencil drawings have always been a hobby to this point. Ive posted my Shirley Temple Pencil Drawing hope you all will look at it. You dont have to be kind either LOL
Hugs!
Debbie
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am

Re: Hello from Indiana

I've looked at your works and they're fantastic! I'm working a factory job for the summer before I go back to school so I know your pain. Four months of that is bad enough, let alone 23 years! Have you ever considered teaching art classes at a local gallery or community college? If you enjoy teaching I'm sure you'd have no problem with your amount of skill!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:59 pm

No worries, I'm in the home stretch of a history degree and will be attending teacher's college. At the car parts plant I work in all the lifers are either supportive to the student employees and say "Stay in school so you don't end up like me!" or they hate us with a burning passion. I really didn't need to work this job for 4 months to appreciate my education, but it certainly took that appreciation to a new level.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Welcome