Inexperienced Newbie

Moderator: duey

<<

Morality

Brand New Member

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 am

Inexperienced Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm really bad at most types of drawing/art, but I do appreciate it a lot.

I registered to this forum because I often have many artistic ideas, but I can't make them real because I'm really bad at a lot of techniques. To give an impression of what I can and can't do: I've made a couple of good posters in Powerpoint and I know some tricks in Gimp. I'm worse at drawing people than most 10 year olds, I haven't painted since I was 13 and I've never taken any graphic art course or tutorial (when I want to try something, I just Google it and therefor only learn one technique at a time). Basically I'm here to admire and learn.

At the moment I'm working on my thesis (I'm in the last year of my Facility Management Bachelor), which is about morality (ethics, integrity, values, etc.) in Facility Management (I'm making a walkthrough about this, which doesn't exist yet). It would be absolutely fantastic if some of you could help me by drawing images that I could use in my thesis. I know this is a lot to ask, but it would be highly appreciated (and of course I will mention your name several times in my walkthrough/thesis, which will be distributed to many professionals for free through the internet and might be publicated)!

Because the walkthrough is a new business model and I feel strongly about the importance of morality, I want the document to be creative and original, so many people will use it (which might even make the world a better place). Morality can be a difficult subject to talk about, so I want to use many examples and impressions to get the message across (to visualize morality). If you are willing to draw (or a different kind of art) some things for me, please let me know. If there is anything I can do in return, I'm willing to help. :D

Some random things that I find interesting: Optical illusions, information graphics, fractals, brokeh and (motion) typography.
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Inexperienced Newbie

Well if I could draw worth anything, I'd help you out. Have you tried the art department of your university/college? That's where I got a lot of the drawings for my masters thesis.

Good luck!!
<<

Morality

Brand New Member

Post Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 am

Re: Inexperienced Newbie

Thank you for the kind reply! I will look into that.

Return to Welcome