[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hi everyone!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi everyone!

Moderator: duey

<<

freedomfighter

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I've seen a lot of great artwork here! :D

Let me introduce myself. I'm 51 years old and live in Southern Illinois. I've been drawing for most of my life, mostly as a hobby, but I've made a little money here and there.

Several years ago I got into trouble and spent some years in prison, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but one good thing that came out of it was that I got back into drawing and became known as someone who could do live portraits. It helped me to get faster and more creative (previously I was too meticulous and slow to have someone sit until I was finished) . People would pay me to draw them so they could send home a current portrait. I've been out since May of 2007.

I started back to school this January and am studying architecture. In my Architectural Rendering class I'm learning to work with colored markers and colored pencils- which is a stretch for me cuz I'm used to black and white- but I'm doing OK with it.

Oh, my username, I couldn't think of anything better. It relates to my beliefs. I'm all for free enterprise and capitalism. But I won't get into politics; we're all artists here, right?
Check my work at
<<

richjo1397

Brand New Member

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

welcome I am newish to this forum I to was a
Amazed at some of the art work on this
Site and I get great pleasure at looking at
Other peoples art and I hope to see some
Of yours maybe
Rich
<<

honey

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 am

Hello Freedomfighter!

Nice to see you here! It's very amazing that you came back to your hobby after such a long time.. you must be very gifted.
so, maybe you could put here some of your sketches? They must be veeeeryyy impressive.. :)
Be racist - don't let the black thoughts be in your head.

at last.
<<

freedomfighter

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:14 am

Thank you for the responses. I don't have any digital photos of my work yet. I can use my cell phone but it takes terrible pictures. Hopefully I'll have some of my work on here soon.
Check my work at

Return to Welcome