[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello to All
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello to All

Moderator: duey

<<

homebrustudios

Brand New Member

Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello to All

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

As of yesterday, I started drawing again after having left the 'art world' sometime back in the mid '70s. My reason for returning doesn't really need to be explained to anyone on this forum - if you draw, sculpt or paint, you already KNOW!

My hope is that I can eventually achieve the fantastic quality demonstrated by the members of this forum - once I start to approach that quality, I'll begin to think about sharing my work with the forum members (if and when).

I have read many forums in my days and commend all of you for the respect and selfless support that you offer each other - too many forums have members that are only interested in flaming and disrespecting each other.

For the moment, my main interest is drawing - I may move into oils or pastels or who knows what sometime in the future but at the moment, I am simply amazed at what can be done with no more than a pencil, stump and eraser.

I am looking forward to being part of this fantastic adventure called art.
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun May 03, 2009 1:33 pm

welcome and best of luck with it!

Drawing is a great first step. If you are looking to work with paints, pencil work will really help you out in learning proportions, and tones. Pencil can be taken to a whole new level of creativity, if you choose to go into a realism style.

Return to Welcome