[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New guy
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New guy

Moderator: duey

<<

Sgt.Dude

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 pm

New guy

Whats going on guys and girls? I am Toby Winn and I am new here. I am also what you would call a newbi... thats not to say I have not been drawing for a long time. I have never had a class but I hope soon I can get some time.
Here is a lil about me...
I am 24 and I grew up in a small town in Texas called Centerville. Now when I say small I mean if you blink you could miss it. I joined the U.S. Marine Corps right out of high school and served for 4 years. I started as infantry then got atached to recon for one year in Japan. When my unit went to Iraq I moved back to infantry. Over in Iraq I would be called over to the snipers a time or to to help out if they needed more bodys. I got out of the Marines on June 3, 2005 and I am now working security. I know in my profile I said I am a cop and let me explain ... I passed the exam and I am waiting for the academy so me saying that is just a lil motovation for me. If anybody takes it the wrong way let me know and I will remove it.
I did my first portrait today (well my first I didn’t throw away) and it is not to bad thanks to duey’s tips. I will try and get it on here as soon as I can.
<<

dalias

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:11 am

welcome to the forums!

Thank you for serving this great country we call home!
The greatest tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives-A.S.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:26 am

Yeah, I will echo what Brad just said...Thanks alot for your service. People like you are the reason we are able to do what we want here in the USA. Yeah, I am sure you will have no problem getting a police job when they see your background.

Don't be afraid to post your portrait when you get a chance. I'd like to see it and maybe we could give you some pointers if you want. :D

Return to Welcome