[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Robin
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Robin

Moderator: duey

<<

brotherobin

Post Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:21 pm

Robin

... I was born in Stuttgart, Germany and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. I am the child of an African American father and a German mother. I have always been interested in drawing. Both of my parents are very good artists, my father pursued his love for the arts through photography. My mother, on the other hand, only through the ocassional sketch. I have been married for nine years now and have five beautiful children. I personaly pursued my love for the arts through poetry, and more recently, drawing, and even more recently, tattooing. I now reside in Arizona where I have come to know myself better than ever before. I guess there's somthing about leaving behind the familiar that really awakens the senses. So... the school that I work at had an immediate need for an art teacher (the continuous ravings of the teenage element apparently drove the original art teacher batty) :D Anyway... the principal had heard some of my poetry and decided to offer me the position. So of course I took it. While designing a curriculum I stumbled across a link to Brian Duey's web site and was completely amazed at the level of improvement at the extremely short period of time. Needless to say I joined the forum. My motive was to find out how I could increase my skill in a short period of time... and my motive remains the same :D. But even more than that, I want to become the artist that I know now that I can. I want to learn all I can from all of you, and I want to be able to apply my learnings to the art of tattoo. I want to compose a portfolio of both pencil and ink that my children can look at and be motivated, just as I was by my parents work, to pursue their desires to draw and create. Man, this site is the bomb! And it's my honor and pleasure to be part of it along side all of you.
"Stop it, you're spoiling the whole invasion."
<<

dalias

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:35 pm

The greatest tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives-A.S.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi Robin, welcome! I got your e-mail a while back. I've just been extremely busy with Christmas lately and trying to get commissions done also. Glad to have you here. I was actually just down in Indianapolis a few weeks ago. Very confusing highways you guys have down there. Five kids, wow. That must be a handful. How old are the kids that you are teaching? I had a couple great art teachers throughout school. One really stands out in my mind.
<<

brotherobin

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:39 pm

You know what... I never realized how confusing the highway system is in Indianapolis until I was gone for like three years and went back to visit :shock:. They have actualy made A LOT of changes since we left. With five children there are certainly no dull moments :D. But it's kinda like the "frog in boiling water" theory... they "arrived" so gradually that it's almost like they where always there. The kids in my art classes range from 15-18 (with one 13 year old who made it to high school early... who happens to be my oldest son) :mrgreen:. And it's actually to them that I contribute my recent rekindling of artistic desires in this medium.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:30 am

<<

dalias

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:43 am

The greatest tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives-A.S.
<<

brotherobin

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:15 pm

That makes sense.

Return to Welcome