[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hey from Seoul, Korea.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey from Seoul, Korea.

Moderator: duey

<<

thematrixiam

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:13 am

Hey from Seoul, Korea.

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:39 am

Welcome to the forum! As I've said many times before, always nice to hear from a fellow Canuck... even one living in Korea!

I have some experience similar to your teaching in Korea, I volunteer at the local Y and teach conversation and history classes to new Canadians. I don't have any Koreans right now so no interesting stories I can relate from there, but I do hear regularly about China, Vietnam, and Russia! hahaha

As for your learning plan, it sounds like you've thought about this a lot. I'm assuming becoming a tattoo artist is more of a career goal for you rather than just something you might one day end up possibly doing.

The thing is about your drawing plan is, with drawing I've found that the learning curve is not a nice little linear curve. You can't plan to do x number of drawings and improve by y percent. It kind of comes in spurts... you do a bunch of drawings, hardly any improvement. Then you have one drawing that shows massive improvement all of a sudden. Then you have a bunch of really good drawings. Then you regress a bit. Then another drawing that's even better than that first awesome one. It goes like that in cycles, but you can't predict when they will happen. If I were you, honestly, I would throw out the nice neat "learning curve" plan and just draw as much as you can, check out other artists, post your work here for critique, critique other's work, and you'll find that you improve pretty quickly. If you can improve hugely in the first month, go for it. Don't hold yourself back in order to "stay with the plan", but also don't feel like you have to meet a certain level because "the plan" tells you to.

I started drawing just under a year ago (Jan. 29, 2008) and you can see my drawings in the "Maple's Drawings II" thread. Those are all of my drawings. Just an idea of how you MIGHT improve over a year. Everyone's different. Another artist on here who's progressed similarly to me is Atilla.

I recently learned how to use Excel and couldn't resist... I know it's geeky hahaha I rated all of my drawings based on how I think I did on them. For some reason it only displays the name of every other one. As you can see, it's really not a nice linear learning curve. More like a steep and dangerous mountain range.

Anyways, please post some of your drawings/sketches/whatever so others can have a look and critique them. That will be the most help. :lol:
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:55 am

Welcome!!.......is that doing tattoos over there or here?and how come your a year older in Korea?
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

thematrixiam

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:18 pm

<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:09 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 am

Welcome....I love how people in this forum are from all over the world...its great! You will be surprised how much you can learn in a year in anything esp drawing. Good luck with your work and I look forward to seeing some of it.

Graham...i can't believe you made an excel diagram on your drawings...and i'm a nerd for being a math major! haha
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:17 am

<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:28 pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:28 pm

<<

Cubexx

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Before you act, you feel.
Before you feel, you imagine
Before you think, you have a thought.
Where do your thoughts come from?
Your heart.
keep it pure.
My DA:
http://invisible-virtuoso.deviantart.com/
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:08 am

<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 am

"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler

Return to Welcome