[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello, Dutchman introducing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello, Dutchman introducing

Moderator: duey

<<

The Dutch

Brand New Member

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Hello, Dutchman introducing

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert, I’m 18 years old and I live in the Netherlands. It already has been 6 years ago that I’ve stopped drawing.
Drawing always helped me to get my mind off of something; it really is a good way to get avoid being stressed (of course only when it all goes like planned :wink: ).
After seeing a couple of ‘speed drawings’ on youtube, I realized that I really missed drawing. So I’m ready to start again with this big passion of mine. In contradict to my drawing period 6 years ago, I’m now going to try to draw digital. I already bought a Bamboo Fun Tablet to work on.

One strong point of my drawings always were the proportions, so everything goes good during that drawing stage. But now that I want to draw portraits digitally, I’m struggling with shading. How have you learned how to shade properly (digitally)? Do you ‘blur’ areas, or do you use the ‘dodge’ and ‘burn’ tool?
Also to make a realistic digital drawing, I’ve noticed that you have to avoid drawing lines. Instead you have to work with values in color, a technique that Straycat masters as no other. How does he do this? You never see any lines in is digital artwork. His work is just stunning, nothing but respect for his work. I can only hope that I can someday even get near his quality work.

So if someone has some tips (ways that you do it yourself) or helpful sites for me about digital shading, than those are more than welcome :).
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 pm

<<

The Dutch

Brand New Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 pm

<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:18 pm

http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

The Dutch

Brand New Member

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:09 am

<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 pm

I do some photo altering in the professtion i am in. i've never used it other to draw though. I would be interested in seeing what kind of drawings one can produce with photoshop.
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:14 am

<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:28 pm