[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - A little bit about myself
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A little bit about myself

Moderator: duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:51 pm

A little bit about myself

<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:03 pm

~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:44 pm

Yeah I am quiet around people I don't know usually too. But then I get loosened up and I can be myself.

I have no idea where Lawrence even is!! What city are you close to that I would know? Wow, 37 graduating!! That's very small. I think we had like over 1000 where I went to school. Maybe that's wrong though.
<<

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:13 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:59 pm

Ok, yeah I know about where that is. If you don't want to drive to go get art supplies I'd suggest . They are very reasonable...probably cheaper than any art store and they ship very quickly. I can usually order whatever I need and it's here within a couple of days.
<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:59 pm

Cool thanks! I go to a store in Kalamazoo, Hobby Lobby, its a craft store but its mainly for home decor. It has pretty much everthing. Anyway I'm not sure if you remember but I mentioned another artist turned me toward realism. I found his website on the internet one day.

www.howarddavidjohnson.com

He's amazing :shock: ! I hope to get to his level one day. He sells his lessons but they're $200 (students pay $100) out of my reach for sure especially now that I've lost my job (I worked in a seasonal restaurant) but at least it gives me plenty of time to draw :lol: !

Hey, I never thanked you for fixing my "login" thanks again.
~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:10 pm

Yeah I get some things from Hobby Lobby too. Most of my paper I buy from Dickblick though because Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it and the markup on paper at Hobby Lobby is rediculous. Next time you are there look at the "Arches Hotpress" paper. It runs about 50-70 dollars for a block of it. On dickblick.com I can get the same exact block for around $30. 8)
<<

weepee14

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:12 am

whats up yall.... Im still a newbie to the site since I have only posted on pic that i have done. About me: I was born in a small town in upstate NY. I was married now divorced with a wonderful 9 year old. Kind of like you duey i really dont have much family left. My parents died both with in the past 5 years and i have 2 brothers one in florida and one in NY. I moved to mass in 99 and have been here since. I love art and have always been able to draw, but I have ADD and its very hard for me to finish even one drawing. If anyone has any suggestion about my situation i would really love it. - weepee

Return to Welcome